The Campus Cat Coalition, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization formed by a group of students, faculty, staff, and local residents dedicated to protecting and supporting the feral/community cats living on the Solano campus.
To humanely stabilize and naturally reduce the number of community cats on the Solano campus through the following methods:
- TNR (trapping, spaying/neutering, rabies vaccinations)
- General Veterinarian Services & Care
- Kitten Fostering & Adoption
- Lifelong feeding and monitoring of adult cats who need to be returned to their campus territories.
To substantially reduce the number of campus cats and put an end to unnecessary euthanasia and feline overpopulation in Solano County by implementing the following strategies:
- Actively promoting and practicing principles of responsible cat colony management.
- Create a structured feeding and monitoring program to ensure the health and population of the colony.
The coalition is modeled after several highly successful community feral cat management programs around the country. Please see below for a list of our friends and partners:
- Solano Feral Cat Group
- Fix Our Ferals
- St. Mary’s College Ferals
- Stanford Cat Network
- Alley Cat Allies
- The Humane Society
- Mills College Free Roaming Cat Coalition
- Coverage by the Fairfield Daily Republic
Please note that we are NOT a rescue NOR a sanctuary, therefore cats that are dropped off and abandoned on campus will be taken to the local shelter. Dumping animals is illegal and inhumane and in this case jeopardizes the stability of the colony’s population and our overall program.